Re: mach real time

"B. Douglas Hilton" <doug.hilton@engineer.com> writes:

> RT is especially important to me. I have a variety of microcontroller
> and industrial automation projects at my workplace just begging for
> something like a RT Hurd. IMHO Hurd would be a great platform for this
> kind of experimentation and using X11 and the "not logged in account"
> would be ideal for industrial use in computers which test parts using
> peripheral equipment and log the results somewhere to the network.

No particular effort has gone into making the Hurd RH aware, and RT
Mach is nearly a dead-end, in that nobody is particularly working on
it any more.  It is free software (it's just a set of mods to standard
Mach), and you could find it somewhere on the net, though I'm not sure
where.  However, none of the Hurd servers make any kind of RT
guarantees, so a RT program would not be able to use them in any
critical sections.