Re: H2 - one minor problem

Hi Philip,

For my part I had to add
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

in my /etc/profile

But that is not enough: I also have to create /dev/kdb; launch the right
translator for my mouse; get an operating /etc/X11/XF86config-4 from my linux
box (modified for the mouse); and finaly get additional twm menu files to be
able to launch xterm's or rxvt's.

But I am not a Xpert (expert) and it will take me some times to prepare a basic
XF86config-4 (for a standard vga 800*600) and simplify additional twn menu
files.

Doe it help?

Joel

PS: Now I can startx from a shell. xdm start well at the boot time.
But I stil have a problem: after I had enter username and passwd in the xdm
login menu, X is not yet well restarted: just a black screen (and I just have to
reboot). Any idea?

This mail sent through Tiscalinet Webmail (http://webmail.tiscali.be)