gnumach & k7m

Hi,

A while ago I tried installing the Hurd on my computer - motherboard is an
ASUS K7M slot A (for the early Althons). I used the tarball, and the
instructions from http://www.pick.ucam.org/~mcv21/hurd.html. Unfortunately,
when booting up gnumach 1.2, the computer completely hung up after
displaying
.
.
FDC 0 is a post-1991 87077
(I have to unplug mains at this point !)

Looking at the archives, I saw no definite diagnosis, apart from the fact
that several people with a K7M had the same problem, and that compiling
gnumach with EATA-DMA disabled might fix it (hence I suppose gnumach was
next going to look for SCSI devices). I didn't have time to try it.

Now that I'm going to have some free time soon, I'd like to have a go at it
again, so if someone has a happy experience of running gnumach on a K7M can
they please tell me how they did it, and so contribute to make me happy too
? For instance, will it work if EATA-DMA is disabled ?

Thanks for any help.

--
Arnaud Delobelle