Re: Problems with Debian Hurd H1

On 05-Dec-2001 Johannes Rohr wrote:
> Am Mit, 2001-12-05 um 12.56 schrieb Robert Millan:
>

>> Though here's some keymapping stuff Marcus' FTP site:
>>
>> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus/
>>
>> spanish keymaps from GNU/Linux don't work. try to fix/rewrite them,
>> use the german keymap (very similar) or get used to the english ones
>> (in my opinion, they're faster to use)
>
> Maybe this is a stupid question. But I didn't find instructions how to
> load the keymap. /local/bin/loadkeys.pl /local/lib/console/map.de
> (that's where I put the files) didn't work for me.

 On my box,

1) I put this script in /etc/init.d/

=== fr_setup.sh ========================================================
#!/bin/bash

echo 'Starting french setup: fr_setup (Phil)'

cd /root/set_keys

./loadkeys.pl ./map.fr

2) in /etc/rc*.d, I make a link to the script fr_setup.sh :

        cd /etc/rc2.d/
        ln -s ../init.d/fr_setup.sh S99fr_setup

3) And I put the loadkeys.pl and map.* in the /root/set_keys directory
You can put this files elsewhere, but that works fine like this for me :)

Regards,

--
Philippe Brochard <hocwp@free.fr>
http://hocwp.free.fr