Re: ppp troubles/questions

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 07:43:17PM -0800, Tristan wrote:
> My other problems are
> 	1) ppp isn't logging anything to syslog, even when i set:
> 		set log Connect Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
> 	   so i usually have ppp send messages to the screen.

It works fine for me. I suggest to check the configuration of syslog.

> 	2) I can not ping the outside world (for examples, ping
> 	   yahoo.com), unless after I am connected and "enable DNS" is
> 	   set i type
> 	   	add default HISADDR

That's right. You have to set ppp as the default interface.

> 	   then I always get the error message:
> 	   	tun0: Error: rt_Update: ioctl(SIOCSIFDSTADDR): 0.0.0.0:
> 		No such device
> 		tun0: Error: rt_Update: ioctl(SIOCSIFNETMASK): 0.0.0.0:
> 		No such device
I see the same error. BTW it works...

I never tried to connect to outside world with ppp. But I made some
experiment using a second PC connected trough a null modem cable, and
apparently the TCP/IP connection hangs on hurd side after few packet sended.
So I supposed that there is something wrong in pfinet. But I haven't
investigated further...

--
Saluti / Regards

Diego Roversi | diegor at maganet.net