Weird problem

I burnt a test CD with a script to install the x-window system called
x-system.sh and when I came to run it after the install it would not run,
be read or be copied.  The system eventually locked up.  Dud CD? Burnt
another with the same result.  Stopped before the system locked up.

Made a floppy with x-system.sh and it ran nicely.  Then tried x-system.sh
from the CD and the system crashed.

Burnt a third CD with x-system.sh duplicated as gui.sh.  Installed nicely.
When x-system.sh was run, an immediate crash.

Any ideas what is happening?  Needless to say, gui.sh is what is going
onto the CD set.

I could put x-system.sh onto the first CD if people wanted to follow this
up.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org