Re: Please recompile lynx on Hurd

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 08:01:19PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of lynx. For some unknown reason the
> lynx_2.8.3-1.5_hurd-i386.deb at [1] doesn't has a dependency on zlib1g.

Thanks, this bug is most likely due to a broken dpkg-shlibdeps on the
builders machine.  In fact, there never has been a correct (for the Hurd)
dpkg-shlibdeps in any Debian package released, so let me remind everybody
who is compiling packages for the Hurd to patch his version according to
the patch posted by Robert Bihlmeyer on this list a while ago.

> Could someone compile a more recent version of lynx on Hurd to fix this
> bug (#109775)?

Yes, thanks for the report.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de