Re: H1 images - comments and questions.

On 22 Oct 2001, Oystein Viggen wrote:

> Being currently without internet access in my home, I'm currently a bit
> outdated on hurd-issues, so I ask:  Is popularity-contest available in
> the Debian GNU/Hurd distribution?  If it is, would it be a useful voting
> system for your CDs?

It would be useful long term.

Debian-cd puts the base and important packages onto the CDs first, then
the packages in the various tasks and then falls back onto popularity
contest.  IIRC, popularity-contest starts working about the time the first
CD is full.  I found that some desirable packages were not on the first CD
and so thought it time to develop some Hurdish equivalent of task
packages.  The more of these the better.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org