Re: dual-cpu intel860?

> I have it running on a dual PII450 machine except it can
> only run one cpu right now. OSKit-Mach holds promise
> for SMP but it calls a trap when I boot it and I haven't been
> able to debug it yet.

We have a suspicion about that and I might have just fixed it.  But noone
has been actively hacking on SMP, so we have not concentrated on its
problems lately.  Once you get as far as booting, there are known
unfinished things for SMP (I put in #warning lines so you'll see them when
you build with --enable-smp=2).

>     I suppose I ought to try and build it again now that all these
> core packages have been rebuilt. I have a second machine
> to use as a debugger system except its a HPPA box and
> I have to figure out how to make a hppa->X86 cross
> debugger first. That really shut me down.

That is easy as pie.  Just download the gdb source and use "configure
--host=... --target=i586-gnu" to build it (or i?86-linux, just as good).
You should get an i586-gnu-gdb that is just what you need for serial debugging.