pptop [was Re: Various bugs]

   Just in case James was being a bit obscure:

   > Matthew Wilcox writes:
   >
   > [This reply just addresses a few of the points in the original.  Bugs
   >       noted, however!]
   >
   > >  * tcsh/csh, whereis & top are missing.
   >
   > Porting volunteers solicited....  Top might be better written from
   > scratch using the libps library.

   Eventually, I got round to doing this.  I took gobs of Miles' "ps"
   code and tacked on some ncurses stuff (now my preocupation with the
   thing is revealed).

   Thanks to James Morrison who debugged some nasties and suggested
   open_memstream() and Neil Walfield for procfs, which I read
   extensively and copied load_proc_field() from there.

   Using ps/libps was _way_ easier than using libgtop.

   There are several bugs/unimplemented-features.  It's possible that
   Marcus' recent tinkerings with TSS may fix the displayed load
   averages.

   You can get the code from http://www.chem.gla.ac.uk/~paule/hurd/ or
   James' web site at http://hurd.dyndns.org/hurd_release.html (which
   contains an executable).  (You will need to have installed
   ncurses).

   It's fun to see the Hurd's bits in action...

   Thanks,

   Paul.