Re: H1 images

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 09:14:56PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> > The last I picked up was that it was not fully functional yet.  Anyway apt
> > has to be working properly.  I had intended to implement tasksel, but it
> > is on the back-burner for the moment.
>
> well, it seems to me that this is not that important to spent time on an
> alternative to tasksel at all.  I think the tasksel maintainer can fix any
> issue if it is brought to his attention, any takers?

The alternative is trivial and it has the advantage of determining what
is
wanted when tasksel is operational.

> > > No progress in getting more info about it?
> > >
> > The only other info I have is that running apt-get update without removing
> > /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin srcpkgcache.bin does not work, the system
> > locks.
>
> Someone woh can reproduce this must provide more information, otherwise it
> can't be fixed.  I can't reproduce this on any machine I have ever installed
> the Hurd on.  I would also be careful with attributions like "hardware
> problem", this is not at all clear to me from what we know so far (eg we
> know nothing).

This problem is beyond me, so I hope that someone else does pick it up.
The same CD was used to install on the AMD K5 and the Pentium.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org