Re: My Hurd-G CD experience

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 02:38:50PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:

> > Is it possible to run have a simple grub shell available on the
> > ramdisk?
>
> I was about to ask a similar question.  How can grub in the unpacked
> tarball be activated from the Linux ramdisk?

I think the trick is to have a second copy of grub available compiled
for Linux.  Basically run grub --batch, with a fancy install parameter
to tell it to point to all the right places on the Hurd partition.

However, if you're short of time, I suspect that simply having a
linux-compiled grub shell on the ramdisk would be a big improvement.
That way it would be possible for someone to install without a floppy.

--
Abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy.