Re: Debian GNU or Debian GNU/Hurd?

On Sun, 9 Sep 2001 03:10, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
> Shouldn't Debian GNU/Hurd be called Debian GNU?

Have I recently fallen through a small hole in the 4D topography of space or
did we have this discussion a few months back?

Severl varients were suggested from strait GNU, to GNU/HURD and my own
GNU (HURD) (which some people liked as a good compromise but I believe the
general consensus was otherwise - which is fine by me: _I_ know that HURD is
a HIRD of Unix Replacing Daemons and GNU is the whole OS ;-).

BTW: as you can see from my sig, I use KDE, which uses a plug-in URL
interface that from the outside looks somewhat like translators under HURD.
Is it worth a programmer checking if anything in there is re-usable? Possibly
not much unless you like C++ (which I don't, but then my programming ability
is more suited to high-level environments like Java and Python).

Glenn Alexander - The man with no surname and a silly hat.
(B.Teach, B.Ed Major IT Education, University of Wollongong Australia)
(Now avaliable in China!)

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~glenalec (last update: 2001.07.29)

I use GNU/Linux: http://www.gnu.org / http://www.linux.org
from Debian: http://www.debian.org
and   KDE  : http://www.kde.org
Short stories by Glenn Alexander!
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~glenalec/lit/index.html
Read NOW!
The above message was bought to you by 'sigrot'