Re: Lies, damned lies, and statistics

On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, James Morrison wrote:

> Is there not just one set of source cd's for any archtexture?  Or is
> it a debian-cd feature to create a source cd with everything that is
> in the archive?  I would like to see a source cd, but would the
> debian
> source cd include sources for packages that don't compile?

Up to now debian-cd has only included the sources on the CDs corresponding
to the binaries on the binary CDs.   I don't expect this to have changed.
It should not be difficult to hack things about.  Some discussion would be
helpful so I would know what people wanted.  Eg
All Hurd source, including the "extra" packages source.
As above plus the balance of sid.
All source in the archive (yuck, 8GB?), let us be reasonable!
Or whatever.

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - preferred.           philipc@debian.org