Re: status

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 06:51:29PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> > netpbm-free is broken based on turtle's bad handling of ':'.  I
> >will force all of these through by hand.  (Maybe in time for
> >today's update...)

> Oh. But make that *make*s bad handling of ':'. Or netpbms. Or whatever.

;)

> Seriously, let's file bug reports against packages which use the
> complete path in a way that makes make unhappy. ":" is not the only
> troublesome character.

I don't have enough information to do this.  Every package that does:

$(infodir)/gawk.info::

as a rule, or any similar construct to that will fail.  I haven't
found any way of succesfully escaping the colon's so that MAKE will
handle it correctly.  I think that we'll be filing unresolvable bugs
against these packages.  I will try emailing the maintainers of make
once again.  I had submitted a bug to the upstream gnats, but they
don't appear to have responded to it.  Paul's normally pretty good,
but I don't know if he's been in exam hell.

More after work...

Tks,
Jeff Bailey