Re: NTP + Build updates

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 08:56:16AM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 12:28:55PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
>
> > Yeah, that page looks good. The package list
> > (turtle/group/Debian/index.html) should be sorted, though.
>
> It's on the turtle TODO list.

Hey, folks: It *is* sorted, by priority. ;)
This is the order the packages will be processed in, so important
packages get processed faster. For the porters, this is a good
thing because you know which package you should focus on
(just work your way from the top of the list).

OTOH, it is very true that we need indices by package name and maintainer.
I will add them, and also split up the page to make browsing through a slow
link more acceptable.

> > A short comment /why/ some packages are suspended would be nice, too.
> > My interpretation of "suspended" is that autobuilding is disabled
> > until some event (i.e. bugfix) takes place. The details vary
> > obviously, and should be available to the interested (c.f. build logs
> > for "failed" packages).
>
> Packages only get suspended by hand - There's no automatic operation to do
> that, so the computer doesn't know why.

You can set "suspend-on-error" so all packages with build failures will be
suspended. (Maybe useful to set this for some packages, like X).

I will add a feature to include package specific comments to the package web
page, so the admin can add more info on a package (like what long term
change is needed to make it work etc).

I am currently deep into turtle development, so all feature requests are
welcome.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de