Hurd F1 CDs

The first two test installs have been made and there are a few problems
which people may be able to help with.  The objective is to get a clean
initial dselect run.

Exim does not configure properly.  This means that mailx, at, mutt and
logrotate will not configure either.

ae is replaced and will not run after the initial dselect run.  ed does
not work either.  They complain about missing libslang.so libraries.

My suggested solution is to move exim, ae and possibly ed to the second CD
and rely on the editor versions in the tarball.

This is probably me.  The cdrom can be mounted with
settrans /cdrom /hurd/isofs /dev/hd2 and I have managed to umount is by
using settrans -fg /cdrom followed by settrans -fg /dev/hd2, but I cannot
remount it, the error is bad superblock.  Any ideas?  Apt-cdrom cannot
mount it either.  So we are stuck with dselect for F1 at least.

With luck the Hurd sub-set can be frozen to night and useful CD images
produced Monday or Tuesday (NZST).

Phil.

-
  Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
     philipc@copyleft.co.nz - prefered.           philipc@debian.org