Cross-install problems

  Just a few quirks I ran into while cross-installing a fresh Hurd system:

  - libstdc++2.9 is outdated and should be removed from the "to download" list

  - now that we have apt, it makes sense (to me) to include it in the
  list of optional packages.

  - If you accidentally don't specify a directory for cross-install, it tries
  to install in the current directory, which does weird stuff if you aren't
  in the correct root directory.  Maybe it should at least do the same test
  as dpkg (that lost+found exists in the current directory)

  I haven't run native-install yet, we'll see what blows up when I do..

  Daniel

  PS - am I the only person still using cross-install?  Personally, I really
  like the mechanism, but it seems to not be kept up to date..

--
/-------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@brown.edu> --------------------\
|         Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.          |