Re: new apt source available

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 12:43:05PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

> Did you have any problems with sysvinit?

None.  What's your bsdutils version?  I might be running one that was
posted on alpha a while back.

>     Jeff> I have tested: apt-get source, apt-get install, and apt-get
>     Jeff> remove using the 'ftp' method.  They all appear to work
>     Jeff> within normal parameters.
>
> I have been trying the http method. It does not seem to work properly
> via a squid cache:

I tested it through a squid cache, and confirmed that it worked for me.
how do you have it setup?  I just

$export http_proxy=http://server.domain.com:3128/

and it works fine.

> huey:~# apt-get update

> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   bsdutils
> WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed
> This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
>   bsdutils
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 20  not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 104kB will be freed.
> You are about to do something potentially harmful
> To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
>  ?]
>
> I think I will have to play around with my status file to fix this.

Hmm.  What version of bsdutils and util-linux are you running?

--
I am a Unitarian *Universalist* - RUAUU2? =)