Re: MIG->Corba

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

>>>>> "Mridul" == Mridul Jain <gnuindian@yahoo.com> writes:
Mridul> hi, As I was preparing to work on the topic - Corba
Mridul> replacement for MIG ; Markus and Roland adviced that I

> I for one, would be really interested in any moves to make Hurd use
> CORBA, since CORBA is a well known standard. (sorry, I can't remember
> off-hand: what is MIG? Mach IPC something?)

MiG stands for Mach interface Generator, a kind of RPC over Mach pors.
Didn't the flux project (http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux) at Utah already do
something like this. They have an IDL compiler called flick
(http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/flick) which can use Mach ports as one of the
the transports.

Ganesan

--
R. Ganesan (rganesan@novell.com)       | Ph: 91-80-5731856 Ext: 2149
Novell India Development Center.       | #include <std_disclaimer.h>