Re: Pitfalls & future development & stuff

Bob Ham wrote :

> what's what now; from what I can tell, the pthread thing in glibc is
> GNU's POSIX thread implementation but I've also seen "LinuxThreads"
> bandied about.  Is that another term for glibc's pthreads or a seperate
> library or something to do with the kernel, or is it d) something else?

LinuxThreads is indeed another name for GNU's pthreads. It started as an
independant project to implement the POSIX threads package for Linux and
was later integrated into glibc. I think that the original author has
now handled maintenance over the glibc people.

For these historical reasons it has kept its original name of
"LinuxThreads", thus confusing you.
David