Re: gnome and Hurd

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 12:47:04PM +0200, Petros Sidiropoulos wrote:
> Hi,
>   yesterday I compile succesfully 'Icewm' window manager under hurd, now I
> would like to know if there is
> possibility gnome run under Hurd or I have to try.

The libraries in osme old version are in the ftp archive, and I successfully
compiled gnome-core after some trivial hacking (should report those hacks).

But without threading (we lack pthreads), it is not worth running it.
For example, I have a Duron 650 MHz, and it is terrible slow.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de