Re: ISO image

In Mon, 8 Jan 2001 14:26:07 +0200 "Vadim Chekan" <vchekan@softline.kiev.ua> cum veritate scripsit :

> Hello all!
>
> If i'll get ISO image of Hurd, will I need to install Linux om my machine or
> not?

short answer:

  No

longer answer:

  When you get the ISO image, you can burn the ISO image with your favorite
CD-R burning software. Most of the burning software is capable of burning
a CD image. Sometimes you need to rename the "*.iso" files to "*.img" or
something, but that is a minor detail. So you can do that from Windows.

  You can then boot from the CD-R you have just burnt. It will boot up
Linux, and it will install Hurd onto your harddisk, and from your harddisk,
Hurd will start up.

regards,
	junichi

--