'ran out of pages' error when booting system installed from Hurd H1

I have a Pentium 90 32MB ram, Buslogic SCSI controller, cd and hardrive that will not boot. I created a boot floppy with the SCSI drivers on it and ran the partition/mke2fs/install from the H1 cd. The problem is when I boot the new partition from GRUB I get the following error message and the system cannot find the root disk:

../../i386/linux/../../linux/dev/glue/kmem.c:434 __get_free_pages: ran out of pages

This happens if I use the sd0s1 menu choice on the GRUB floppy or if i drop into command mode and enter the module lines from Neal's installation guide.

Is 32MB is enough to boot gnumach and start a rudimentary GNU HURD image?

Thanks in advance,

Robert Amble, Jr.