Re: H2 - Hurd "task" scripts

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Diego Roversi wrote:

> I wish to see jed/jed-common added here or in developer.sh. But note: only
> version >=0.99.15 works correctly on hurd. BTW: jed is a really good editor
> if you like "user-friendly" editor, but I don't want to start a Holy War
> now.... :)

OK, in initial.sh

> > developer.sh (for Hurd hackers)
> >
> > gcc cpp mig g++ make make-doc pmake m4
> > autoconf automake autotools-dev libtool bash bash-doc cvs gdb
> > diff patch
>
> Why bash is not in the initial.sh ?

It is in the tarball, now how did it get here ...

> I think that also rcs is needed.
> I suggest to add also gcc-3.0, that is somewhat faster of gcc under hurd.

gcc-3.0, *-base, *-doc in developer.sh

> > gui.sh  (for an X-window system)
> >
> > x-window-system-core lbxproxy proxymngr twm xdm xfs xfwp
> > xnest xprt xspecs xterm xvfb xserver-xfree86 xlibmesa3 xfonts-base
> > xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-scalable xbase-clients xutils
>
> Probably there are some few packages that can be safely "removed". For example
> lbxproxy is not needed if you are not going to use X over slow connection
> (serial line). Other non important package are: xnest, xspecs, xvfb (I don't
> think that gnumach have any framebuffer support), proxymngr and xfwp.

Removed from the script, but stay on CD1.

Thanks, very helpful.

Phil.

--
      Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand
 +64 3 488 2818       Fax +64 3 488 2875       Mobile 025 267 9420