Antwort: Starting X without mouse

Hello!
There is a script called /dev/MAKEDEV, so try to cd into /dev and type
"MAKEDEV mouse".

Kai Trukenmueller <trukenm@ag2.mechanik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Gesendet von: Kai Trukenmueller <trukenm@abb121.ram1st.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
26.09.01 16:42

        An:     debian-hurd@lists.debian.org
        Kopie:
        Thema:  Starting X without mouse

Hi,

If I'm right, PS/2 mice are not supported yet.
Does anybody know, how to start X without mouse at all? I didn't find any
configuration information about that.

Another possibility is using a com0-connected mouse. I tried to set things
up as described in `The Hurd Installation Guide' but

# settrans /dev/mouse /hurd/mouse --device=com0 --protocol=microsoft
doesn't work: /dev/mouse is missing. Should that be a symbolic link?
Whereto?

However, I'd prefer not using any mouse at all.
--
:wq `Kai Trukenmueller'