Re: x* functions

> I don't know of any library that has them and is used by multiple
> packages.  The functions are so simple that I wouldn't want to
> make a program depend on a library just to get them.  Besides,
> different programs may have different requirements on what to do
> when out of memory.
>
> Why do you ask this?

  I've been reading the glibc doc's lately which mentions that many
GNU programs use x* functions.  Also the debian maintainer for
gtkfind mentioned he was going to use the GNU projects xgetcwd which
I could find anywhere.

> >   Which list would a question like this go on?
>
> It sure isn't Hurd-specific.  Much GNU code uses these functions
> so a GNU programming list might be a good bet, but
> <http://www.gnu.org/prep/mailinglists.html> mentions no such
> list.  Perhaps a generic programming newsgroup, then.

This isn't hurd specific but relates to porting programs.  Thus
Neal said the debian list would probably be the better list.

 However, I think I'm going to get onto the fd-students list and see
what I can learn there.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo