First contact with Debian GNU/HURD

Hi,

it all began last week, when I decided to check out HURD. Because I
couldn't boot from
my Harddisk, I asked if anyone had a solution. Marcus Brinkmann kindly
game me a
script, wich could solve my problems. He told me I had to cross-insstall
the HURD first.
This procedure didn't sucseed, because the cross-install script told me
some packages
where missing. The script tried to connect to the internet, but I don't
have any Internet-
connection at home, so this failed. I tried to remove the missing packages
from this
script step by step, but - no joy.

Then a friend of mine gave me another 520megs HD. So my
harddiskconfiguration now
looks like:
hda1: 15mb /boot
hda2: 500mb /gnu (hurd partition)
hdc1: 256mb swap (linux and hurd)
hdc2: 40gig / (linux root)

So I used the rescue- and root-disk  in
dists/sid/main/disks-hurd-i386/current/images-1.44
from the Debian GNU/HURD-main-CD. After Installing the HURD base System,
the
install-script (is this called native-install ?) came back to the step,
where I again choose
"Install HURD base System". After several loops, I chose "reboot" and put
the
grub-bootdisk (from install) in my floppy-drive.

Boot seemed to work, but then my System hangs with these messages at the
end:
com=: at atbus0 , port = 3f8 , spl = 6 , pic = 4 (DOS COM1)
com1: at atbus1The device below will clobber IRQ3
You have two devices at the same IRQ.
This won't work. Reconfigure your hardware and try again.
com1: port = 2f8 , spl = 6 , pic = 3

I think this could be a conflikt with my ethernet-card, so I'll try to
remove it from my computer.

If I can manage my system to boot properly, I'll tell you, if your script
worked - even if I
didn't need it because of my new hd-drive.

Thanks
Flo