Re: Debian GNU or Debian GNU/Hurd?

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 04:10:16PM -0300, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
> Shouldn't Debian GNU/Hurd be called Debian GNU?

I am not even sure we call that thing we are doing "Debian GNU/Hurd".
I don't think we have an official name for it.  But Debian GNU/Hurd is used
at the web pages and many people use it.

One reason is to make it clear that this is something new that involves the
Hurd.  "Debian GNU" might just be seen as Debian GNU/Linux or any Debian GNU
thingie.

Of course, it's all wrong anyway.  It should be "Debian GNU/the Hurd" at the
every least :)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de