Re: nessus-libraries

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 09:42:22PM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
>  A new patch is available for nessus-libraries, it's been posted
> to the bts as well.

The patch has several problems.  On systems without a limit, as the Hurd,
_SC_HOST_MAX, will return -1, so hosteln will turn out to be 0.

However, this is mood as _SC_HOST_MAX doesn't even exist in current system
or standards.  When you read about it on this mailing list, you probably
missed that it is in the current draft (and I was making the point that
in the future, MAXHOSTNAMELEN will not be a defined constant by the
standards).

Also, the return value of malloc and realloc are not checked.

> However, nessus-libraries parses /proc/net/route
> on linux to do it's work.  Do we have anything in glibc to get this
> routing information?

No, we don't have any routing interface.  If this part of the code cannot
easily be disabled, we probably have to scrap nessus as linux specific until
we do and port it properly.