Re: How to make sure that signal handlers are run?

SA_NODEFER and SA_RESETHAND are the ones that I called boneheaded,
and the ones that are trivial to implement.  That's all I was referring to.

SA_NOCLDSTOP is defined--that is the only specified in 1003.1-1990.
I don't know how you overlooked it.

SA_ONSTACK is defined but not actually implemented.  (It can't be done
complete robustly without some kernel help.)

SA_NOCLDWAIT is a recent invention by somebody or other.  We don't define
it.  It could be implemented without much trouble, by adding proc support
for it (see how SA_NOCLDSTOP is implemented).  But Linux 2.4.3 doesn't
implement it, so clearly noone cares about this one.

That leaves SA_SIGINFO, which is an invention of 1003.1-1996.  This one is
actually useful, and it is nontrivial.  I don't expect this to be
implemented until the signal code gets overhauled along with a pthreads
implementation.