Re: man-db problem

thomas poindessous <poinde_t@epita.fr> wrote:
>I have some problems with man-db. I needed to edit
>/var/lib/dpkg/info/man-db.postinst to install it.
>
>I added
>  || RET=false
>to every lines with db_get or db_fget. During the configuration phase, I
>didn't have any debconf screen.
>
>Is it a bug with man-db or with my debconf install (debconf is configured
>to use text interface and it worked with other software).

I've never had this reported before. What versions of man-db and debconf
do you have?

I'm sure Joey can correct me if I'm wrong, but db_get and db_fget should
only return non-zero if the question doesn't exist or if there's a
syntax error. The various lines in question are:

  db_get man-db/install-setuid
  db_fget man-db/build-database seen
  db_get man-db/build-database
  db_get man-db/rebuild-database

All of those seem valid and exist in the templates file, so I don't
understand what could be going on.