Packages

I will be uploading new oasis web pages in a few moments.

In an attempt to make Philip produce a 4th CD <grin>, I have added a
few packages.  The oasis turtle is now tracking nearly 3700 packages.
I have uploaded over 200 new packages in the last few days.

We are currently succesfully building over 20% of the Debian archive.
We need to hit 80%.

At 80%, we are welcome to ask to join testing.  This does a number of things:

1) Makes is possible for us to get to stable.
2) Gives us a nice more-stable repository to build CDs from and run on servers.
3) Prevents packages from joining testing until the maintainers make them
compile on Hurd.

We need your help.

Any package that says "failed" needs someone to look at it.  There are
a number of packages that should only be compiled under linux.  There
are packages that have bad debian scripts.  Every one fixed gets us
closer to 80%.  If you are a debian developer, and are willing to NMU
a package, please set the severity of any bugs to serious.  Please
post to this list when you are hacking a package so that everyone knows.

I can't run the autobuilder this weekend, but I will start going
through after that to get as much built as I can.  I will also post
basically a copy of this to debian planet soon to raise awareness of
what we're doing.

Can you spare time for a package or two?

Tks,
Jeff Bailey