Re: GCC-3.0 uploaded to incoming

Any ideas about how to port gnat to Hurd? I'm personally
trying to use Ada instead of C++ from now on, and gnat
would be cool to have in Hurd. The GtkAda annex is
absolutely wonderful!
    The current gnat is built into gcc-2.8.1 and unfortunately
to build gnat you already need an Ada compiler as it is written
in Ada. I have been thinking about how to do this for a while
now, but am kind of stumped. Should I try to make a gnat
cross-compiler to recompile a native gnat to do a native
build? Seems to be fraught with perils to me. Maybe it would
be wise to wait until gnat is updated to gcc-3.0
    I think the longer we wait to switch the worse it will be. It
will probably break a lot of stuff now, but thats to be expected
I suppose.

- Doug