Re: Partition size and glibc build

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 03:01:31PM +0200, Oystein Viggen wrote:

> > It seems that a glibc package build is larger than 918 megs. =(
>
> Would it be possible to do this the "old fashioned" unix way, and just
> mount (, translate or whatever we call it) another filesystem on
> ./debian/ or somewhere else in the build directory?  I figure if you
> were able to split the load between several filesystems, the build could
> work?  (useless for autobuilding, though)

Hmmm..  I think that's worth a shot.  I've been thinking of replacing
my windows partition with a few Hurd partitions anyway, so this should
be easy enough to do.

> If you have another box, have you checked whether nfs can be used for
> building glibc?  AFAIR, nfs should not have any ~1GB limit.

I have avoided NFS for building because I don't want to have to work
about the pfinet problems.  Otherwise I'd cheerfully borrow 4 GB from
my Fiance's machine. ;)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey