Re: few questions about the hurd

Please *always* email the list.  I get alot of mail, and frequently
don't reply to questions like this.

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 11:13:53AM +0200, alexis chauvin wrote:

> i have a few questions to ask .
>
> - i tried to install different libraries but there were errors on dependancy.
Until you get used to it, use Debian packages.  always use apt.

> - i am interest on helping hurd developpement in a near futur . But before i have to install gcc, and i don't
>   how doing it..

apt-get install gcc-2.95

> MOST important :
>
> - i'd like to know if there are some maps for french keyboards (azerty) : i didn't find one : (

I don't know much about keyboard layouts, sorry.

>    If not, i can try to modify some sources ( or anything else )  in order to make one work.
>    I began looking at the map.en  and  map.de  but i don't know how doing it .
>    Should u help me ?
>
> - what about X under mach ? -> according to an article : it is not yet working, are u agree ?

I don't know.  I'm not interested in X on hurd.  Best to ask the list
and check recent archives.