Re: Q: Problem with the keyboard (not under X) and other questions

On Thursday 24 May 2001 18:09, bertrand.sirodot@bnpparibas.com wrote:
> Secondly, I have read a few mail on that list about the drivers in the
> GNUmach kernel. I think one of the interests of The Hurd is its modularity.
> The following idea might have been already thought of or considered, so
> please don't shoot me straight away: would it be possible to implement each
> single driver as a server in kernel space? One of the advantage of The Hurd
> over monolithic kernel is the implementation of functionality like
> filesystem as a server is user-space, and I was wondering if it would be
> possible to reuse that philosophy for the kernel drivers. Any thought?
>
> Thirdly, I walked through the mailing list last night and I still can't
> understand which kernel I should use: it seems that The Hurd is fairly easy
> to install using GNUmach but that all the development is happening on
> OSKit-mach. What is the exact status? What should I use if I want to do
> some development?
>
> Thank you very much for your time and keep up the good work. I think The
> Hurd is a great idea and that the work you are all doing the
> FANTASTIC......
>
> Cheers.
> Bertrand.

Hi,

I never saw an answer to Bertrand's two questions concerning hurd. Perhaps
they were just sent to him or maybe I'm just impatient (please forgive me if
this is so) but I never saw an answer to these questions and I would be
interested in the answers myself.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hunt

--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@users.sf.net>
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."