Re: YAFTI (Yet Another First-Time Install)

On 23 Mar 2001 15:02:53 +0100, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> Robert Mibus <mibus@bigpond.com> writes:
>
> [hang in gnumach]
>
> > Would compiling from source fix this? Possibly?
>
> You're chances are very good, if you compile gnumach with all
> unnecessary drivers disabled, because you're problem looks just like
> some driver hanging.

Oh good, I hope so.

> FWIW, the eatadma driver was the culprit that made my Athlon+FIC SD11
> mobo hardware hang. You could try disabling only this, first.

That sounds promising then, thanks Robbe.

I've gotten gnumach,mig, & hurd from CVS, but I'm not sure exactly what to do from here...

Are there any step-by-step instructions from building (cross-compile)
from CVS?

And do I need a cross-compiling gcc?

TIA,

mibus