Re: Switching ttys

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
> You have to use the "screen" program.

Thanks for this.  However, in the process of trying to get my
permissions correct for screen to work as a user (how does one do this
correctly, by the way?), I have a horked HURD.  What happens is that
the boot proccess gets to the "Bootstrapping Hurd servers ..." line
and then stops after the last server has been started.  It doesn't
respond to keypresses or do anything else.

I have also tried removing /dev/console, which gets me past this, but
whenever I ./MAKEDEV console, the behavior re-asserts itself.  I am on
the verge of re-installing the whole thing.

Thanks for any help,
Chris

--
Got jag?  http://www.tribsoft.com