non-US?

Hi

It seems to me that no non-US packages at all have been built for
hurd-i386.  Is there a technical reason for this, or is it just that
nobody has gotten around to it, or perhaps something silly like all the
hurd-i386 developers being in the US?

Is openssl perhaps incompatible with the hurd in some way, or should it
be trivial for me to download and build it and other non-US packages?

As I am not on a secured network, I kind of need ssh before I want to
install the hurd in anything but vmware. (And we don't really like
vmware, do we? ;)

Oystein
--
When in doubt: Recompile.