[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: I've patched app: how to contribute?

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 07:51:43PM +0200, Vadim Chekan wrote:
> Hello all.
> I've patched editors/ee to work on Hurd.
> What should I do to "ee" become valid Hurd port?
> Who contact, what format of files, etc.

If you feel confident about your changes, and they affect upstream code
only, you can try to send them directly to the upstream maintainer.
Usually this is done by sending a "diff -ruN" to some email address.

If you feel not so confident, sent the diff here first, and we will check it
out and probably point you to mistakes or things that can be done nicer.
After that you can send it to the upstream maintainer.

You can also send it to the Debian BTS if you want the changes to be
included in the next Debian version of the package. If the changes affect
the debian/* files, you must send it to the BTS rather than upstream. If
both applies, you have to decide what you do: Either send the whole thing
into the Debian BTS, or split it up and send one part upstream, one part
into the BTS.

You report a Debian bug report by using the bug program or sending an email
to submit@bugs.debian.org with a pseudo header like this:

Package: ee
Version: 9999.22-23

(of course, use correct name and number here).


`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' Debian http://www.debian.org brinkmd@debian.org
Marcus Brinkmann              GNU    http://www.gnu.org    marcus@gnu.org

Reply to: