Would Hurd be able to become a distributed OS?

Hi all.

A friend and I were wondering about relevancy of a distributed os.
When we discovered Mach concept, as implemented in Hurd, whe thought
about an os that would run on several machines, as current OSes run
on several cpus of the same machine.
Of course, there are latency problems, because of network speed and
determinism.
Perhaps you'll also ask about what one could use of such an os. ;)
I don't know yet, but it would be probably an interesting thing while
people tend to have more than one computer at home, isn't it.

Thanks for yours answers and for the great work you provide on HURD.

Regards,

JP