Re: stupid question

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, The Seeker wrote:

> I want to know how I can install hurd.

Well I'd start with the easy install guide,
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/easy.html.

> and can i use the hurd kernel on my existing linux setup.

Well you can access the data on your existing linux partitions from the
HURD. The HURD implements a superset of Linux functionality so most
software can just be recompiled to run on it. It should also be reasonably
easy to write a emulator to run Linux binaries without modification on the
HURD. If such a program did exist you could install the basic HURD
translators along beside an existing Linux installation and boot Linux
with the HURD replacing the Linux kernel services.