Re: Network hardware types

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> wrote:
>> Hmm. I've just noticed hurd-20000921/trans/pump.c, which is probably a
>> much better place to start, but the Makefile doesn't seem to build it.
>> Is it broken? Can I help to test it?
>
>No, that is not a good place to start.  That is a bad idea that should go.

If you don't mind me pursuing the question a little ...

Is it its translatorness that's a bad idea, or the way the Hurd-specific
networking is implemented? If the former, then I should be able to move
the Hurd-specific code into dhcp-client or some other non-translating
program without too much difficulty.