Re: mach's eatadma driver hangs on my box

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 11:55:28PM +0200, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
> FYI:
>
> A gnumach kernel built with --enable-eatadma (turned on in debian/rules
> per default) will invariably hang the boot process on my machine.
> Removing all cards short of the graphic card (Voodoo3) did not help.
> Disabling the driver worked.

Can you check if updating the driver source to some newer version from linux
2.2.36 probably helps? You need to make a context diff and check what could
be relevant. Don't update any of the interfaces, or you'll be in trouble.
Also putting printk's at strategical places can show where the problem is,
probably.

> You may consider disabling the driver per default.

This depends on the number of systems it breaks and it is needed for...
SCSI is a bit picky...

> BTW, is there a way to build the gnumach package under linux?

Yes, instructions posted numerous to the list lately.