Re: installing HURD debs from Linux?

> I do not think that I understand your problem: the download is from
> GNU/Linux after which the install unpacks each deb in turn.  When you
> reboot, net support is not necessary to finish the install.
>
> BTW, there is no pcmcia support in GNUMach;  Thomas was working on it
> a while ago and stopped when he did not need it (feel free to correct me
> on this).

I want to cross intall debian packages using apt or dselect under Linux (if
possible) since  I am SOL about having internet access under the HURD
(Although if I port PPP I can use my external U.S. robotics modem). I know
that GNUMach does not support pcmcia that was my point.

I installed from the tar ball. There are still other packages that I would
like to get and install.

Should the cross-install script work this way? hmmm...maybe I'll just give
it a look. I probably will just have to install the debs by hand, oh
well.

As you can tell I'm clueless about apt and dselect (although I have been
using Debian for a while now, and I love it). Well not totally clueless, I
do know how to use them.

Does the pcmcia stuff still exist? This might be another thing that
I can work on.

Ah hell, forget what I said about cross installing using dpkg, apt that would
never work, would it?

Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@users.sourceforge.net
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com
        baumannd@obfuscation.penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson