Re: Getting up to speed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcus Brinkmann" <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To: "Remy Saville" <remy@home.com>
Cc: <debian-hurd@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2000 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Getting up to speed

Is this one of those lists where everything is sent to a user
and carbon copied to the list, or vise versa, so that if people
reply to your post you get two copies usually?  Is so can this
'feature' be disabled for some users (me! :))?

> Welcome to the Hurd.

hahaha

> > However the gnu hurd page seems to be from 97
> The web page information is still correct, though probably not
complete.

What is the most up to date place to find information?

> > Is developmend still happening?
> Now that you are here, hopefully even more so :)

It'll be a while before I can jump in as I'm extremely busy at
work right now, but I'm interested in learning more.  I haven't
taken any courses that taught me anything good about OS's, and
although I've used Solarus, Aix, and Linux, I've really only
done major projects for Win32.

Are there some good books I can order (or online) that talk
about OS design that directly apply to HURD?

Anything else that is good to have as background knowledge?