Re: Problems making the Python debs on hurd.

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 02:00:04PM +0530, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> 1) Is hurd the only OS to use mach/cthreads?  i.e. is this line in the
> configure specific to hurd??

No. cthreads are specific to mach (hence it looks in mach/cthreads.h).

> 	a) If it is I can edit the configure, remove mach/ and tell
> 	the python debian maintainer to make this change.

I don't think so. But maybe you can tell configure to look first in
mach/cthreads.h, and if that fails, without mach.

> 	b) If it is not then is it ok to make a link from
> 	/usr/include/mach/ to ../cthreads (relative to
> 	/usr/include/mach ofcourse)?

That would be bad, because it would only compile on your machine (unless we
would change the Hurd and gnumach source, which would be wrong, because on
the Hurd cthreads.h is provided by the Hurd package, and not by gnumach.)