Yet another X report + question

        Hi,

I'm back to the Hurd after some time where I didn't have the necessary ressources to
play with it. I already had the Hurd running on my box, but with a quite old setting
(october 1999 or so tarball), so I decided to do a fresh install using the latest
tarball. I was *delighted* to see that X was now working (big thanks to Marcus and
everybody that made this possible 8-) ), so I planned to set it up right after the
OS's install.

Using the easy guide as a reminder, and Marcus's X instructions everything went just
fine. The only additional step was to download and install cpp and zlib1g debs to
satisfy some X packages dependencies. X works , though I experience the same
problems running it as a normal user that others already have reported. My new Hurd
setting is fully functionnal as well, I must say that I'm quite impressed by the
progress the Hurd has made in this last year.

One question  :  why do I still have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH even though the path to
the X libs is set in /etc/ld.so.conf ? Does ldconfig work under the Hurd ?

Also about the installation :
I've set the timezone as Europe/Paris in tzconfig, and I get a two hours too late
system date ! Anybody has any idea why I get this ? And if it's a bug, where should
I report it ?

--
David Coquil
Laboratoire d'Ingenierie des Systemes d'Information