Gnome without pthreads... bad idea!

Hi,

I got gnome-core to compile (couple of PATH_MAX issues), but I can't
recommend it. panel and gnomecc don't come up at all (or I didn't wait long
enough),a nd the help-browser seems to work, but usage is VERY slow and it
crashes soon.[1]

Beside a couple of bugs, one reason is certainly the lack of threading
(GNOME supports only pthreads).

I will probably upload the remaining packages (a lot of packages were
uploaded today), but don't pursue this any further for now.
It's just not feasible.

[1] Note that I have a Duron 650MHz with 128MB, so this is not something
that can easily be fixed by throwing more cmputing power at the Hurd.